Monday, October 7, 2013

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

One of the biggest advantages to preschool attendance is that the students get exposure to the school routine.  Our classroom runs on a routine, both for the benefit of your children and for my sanity. 

Some examples of how great these routines have become second nature to your children are as follows:
One little boy says goodbye at the door, comes in and takes off his backpack, washes his hands and finds a teacher to read the sign in question to him, and then sets off to find a friend to hang with.
One little boy sits on my blue stool with the poetry book in his hands and starts to sing the meeting song.  (I have to nudge him off when it's my turn)
After the two minute warning is given with the light flip, one little girl cleans up, puts away her ticket, hangs up her necklace, and is the first to be sitting for meeting.
One little boy watches the fourth graders go inside from recess, raises his arm, starts walking backward and yells "preschool line up".

There are times when Mrs. Paronto and I sit back, look around, and smile at the confidence and growth that is exploding all around us.